To keep everything on an even playing field, there are a few rules around competition entries – but please don’t let these put you off! If you have any queries just ask a member of the Committee.
- All entries should carry the image title and your membership number only – do not identify prints or digital images with your name
- All images must be the photographer’s own work
- Entries must be in the possession of the Competition Secretary by the published closing date. Late entries will not be accepted
- You must be a member of the Society to enter competitions
- Any image which has gained a place or a highly commended award in a Society competition should not be entered in any other club competition
Specific Rules – Prints
- All prints should be flat or window mounted on card or foam board
- The minimum print size is 6 x 4 inches
- The minimum mount size is A4 (297 x 210 mm)
- The maximum mount size is 20 x 16 inches
NB. the YPU required mount size is precisely 500 x 400mm
All print entries should be accompanied by a digital copy, as per the rules for digital entries.
Specific Rules – Digital Images
- All images will be displayed on a television, either via a computer or direct from a memory stick
- Images need to be in Baseline (‘Standard’) jpg format, not Progressive jpg format
- Basic instructions on resizing digital images for competitions are available on the website. Please click here
- Please submit your digital entry on a CD or memory stick marked with your membership number
The judge of each competition will be asked to select a first, second
and third placed image in each media type (plus a maximum of three ‘highly commended’ and three ‘commended’ entries) and decide which of the first placed images they deem to be ‘best overall’ – and hence the trophy winner.
Competition results will be displayed on the website.